It's a little late but a Merry Christmas to everyone! It's always a great time at the end of the year and 2017 has been so kind and fantastic to me! It was filled with joy, sorrow, laughter, frustration, good and trying times - all of which have been invaluable in my life. This will be my final post for 2017 and here are some recaps of my year:
- First post of 2017
- The passing of Peppar
- Catching the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Chinese New Year!
- My first 2017 SSO performance and also a great SYF Presentation initiative
- My last-minute call with the SSO, under Charles Dutoit
- Moving into our new place!
- D'Perc's performance at VCH as part of the Car-free Sunday initiative
- Reshelled TF-10s!
- Meeting Steve Schick!
- First MFO gig of 2017
- Recording project with the SSO
- Wife's birthday!
- First time performing from a pit and my debut with the Singapore Lyric Opera
- A great initiative by MOE to bring students into concert halls
- Refurbished website!
- Launching #midweekthoughts
- First 'Live in Concert' gig performing Harry Potter
- Our yearly anniversary affair
- Chester Bennington's sudden death
- Joining the Pantheon Percussion family as their first Orchestral Artiste
- Holding my solo concert
- Meeting an old friend
- Playing guitar (and doing guitar gigs)
- Playing piano
- Playing drumset
- Actually smashing a plate for a piece with the SSO!
- Recording for Pantheon Percussion and meeting new and awesome friends at GRYD
- Catching Dream Theater
- Premiering Lutoslawski's Symphony No. 4 with the SSO under Hannu Lintu
- Using both orchestral and drumkit Pantheon snares for Final Fantasy with MFO
- Playing with the praise the worship band before the Dedication Mass of Novena Church
- Star Wars!
- Lorong Boys at the Opening of Changi Airport Terminal 4
- Finding my signature cajon sound
- Going on a short holiday with the extended family!
- Finally editing one of my recordings from 2016!
- Missing our friend's wedding in Bangalore due to VISA problems at the airport (that turned out to be a blessing in disguise but not really because we had to nurse a sick toddler for 3 weeks!)
- This little dude turning 2!
- Kickstarting a percussion chamber project with friends
Wow! I knew 2017 has been extremely good to me, but listing them REALLY shows me how blessed I am - and it's just mostly work too. But I just wanna say, even though I may not post much about my families, I am very blessed to have them in my life.
A huge thank you and immense appreciation to family, friends, colleagues, and everyone who has helped me and been part of my life! I love you all!
And I hope you've been having a great 2017 too! Try doing a list as I have done and you'll be surprised! Thank you for always reading these posts of mine and I hope they have inspired or made you think differently and more about music and life. Stay safe and well! Till next year :)